Monday, April 21, 2003

"I heard a statistic once that female Chinese drivers are the worst on the road..."

I picked up my friend the other day to go for coffee. With our windows rolled down and the warmth of the sun gently kissing our faces, we chatted excitedly, this being our first time getting together since her return from studying abroad. How sweet and familiar is her friendship.

But suddenly, the little red car following me (rather closely, I must say) sped up on my right-hand side. The driver, a big and brash bulldog of a man, rolled down his window and barked a string of profanity at me! Wide eyed, I stared at him in disbelief.

"I can't believe this! The jerk. Can you believe --" I turned to my friend for support, who instead, slowly reclined in her seat. Oh. Did I do something wrong? I looked at him again. He didn't have to be that mad. Geez. After all, I am half his size. After all, I'm just a rookie driver. And, after all...I am female and Chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home