Some things are always known in theory, but are only learned through experience.
The past is the past is the past.
There is something so fiercely terrifying about fleeing from the past without turning back. And so, all kinds of feeble attempts are made to preserve what is lost, what can never be recovered (although, for the hopeful, I realize one should never say never), until such grasping becomes incessantly consuming and unhealthy. I am not talking about nostalgic reminiscing with friends here. I am talking about a past that sheds no light; and suddenly, I am reminded of Zen philosophy:
"Rise and fall with it. See it, transcend it."
The shadow of the past only holds as much power as we grant it. As the ugly wrath of God rained burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot's wife looked back and she became a pillar of salt.
Rejoice in the present, hope in the future.
Eyes shrouded by the past are blind. See it, transcend it, and suddenly, eyes are opened to the sweetness of the present. How good it is. How much potential lies in the future. And how I don't want to miss out.
The past is the past is the past.
There is something so fiercely terrifying about fleeing from the past without turning back. And so, all kinds of feeble attempts are made to preserve what is lost, what can never be recovered (although, for the hopeful, I realize one should never say never), until such grasping becomes incessantly consuming and unhealthy. I am not talking about nostalgic reminiscing with friends here. I am talking about a past that sheds no light; and suddenly, I am reminded of Zen philosophy:
"Rise and fall with it. See it, transcend it."
The shadow of the past only holds as much power as we grant it. As the ugly wrath of God rained burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot's wife looked back and she became a pillar of salt.
Rejoice in the present, hope in the future.
Eyes shrouded by the past are blind. See it, transcend it, and suddenly, eyes are opened to the sweetness of the present. How good it is. How much potential lies in the future. And how I don't want to miss out.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home