Saturday, December 16, 2006

Daddy, me, and London.



Dad and I having lunch at Covent Garden.



I took Dad to the Barbican to hear Nelson Friere with the BBC Orchestra.



Here we are at the Royal Opera House to see Tchaikovsky's "Sleeping Beauty". It was delightful! The set, costumes, and dancers were exquisite.

_____________________________________________

Daddy, me, and Florence.





Dinner at "Le Barrique", a Florentine restaurant with a French name and a Japanese chef. We met a beautiful couple at the airport whose hospitality will always be remembered. They recommended this restuarant, owned by their best friend Alessandro (in the photo), and told him to give us special treatment and a big discount! I had a smoked ricotta and spinach ravioli with pumpkin puree and shaved parmasan, and for the main course: Duck. For desert, Alessandro brought us marscapone drizzled with a balsamic reduction, served with chopped walnuts and dried dates. It was to die for.



Dad and I having a café latte break.



Eating lunch on the patio in Pisa. We briefly made a stop in Pisa to see the leaning tower. Other than that, there is nothing to see in Pisa -- and it literally is, simply, a tower that leans.


Will post more photos of London and Florence another time. Buona notte!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home