Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Eating Away My Sorrows

What better way is there to come out of a musician's funk than to eat one's way out! (Just kidding, there really are better ways). Brenda was in London for work, and she treated me to dinner! The greater treat, however, was catching up with a friend from home.

Galvin Bistro:

Terrine of confit chicken and bayonne ham

Steamed fillet of smoked haddok, poached egg, mustard sauce
(on a grated potato patty)

Brie de Meaux and walnut bread


Speaking of sorrows, I made some rather sad pork chops tonight. I am definitely out of practise in the kitchen (been practising something else too much) -- I think I forgot how to cook. The pork chops were so horrible that I tossed the entire dish; I would not even subject my neighbour's dog to my...er, concoction. Hopefully this summer will be about a healthier balanced life.

Summer in London has arrived, and so have the roses.


Regent's Park:








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home